CrossCulture Programme 2019
About the programme:
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their professional expertise and to gather intercultural experience through a professional fellowship in Germany. The CrossCulture Programme is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and implemented by ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen e.V.
New in 2019: "CCP Focus"
Interested parties can apply for the new CrossCulture Programme module "CCP Focus" which will start in 2019. "CCP Focus" is an extension of the established and well-proven CCP module for the "Islamic World". In contrast to the established and thematically broad-based programme modules, the "CCP Focus"-module sets thematic priorities. This year, the module offers 10 professional fellowships specifically in the field of civic education
. Consequently, the opportunity is aimed at all those who deal with this topic professionally in the narrower or more distant sense. In contrast to the conventional CCP modules, the "CCP-Focus" assignments to German host organisations are not
arranged individually according to professional profile and suitability. Instead, there is a pre-selection of 10 advertised fellowship positions, offered by experienced German organisations specialised in the field of civic education, for which interested parties can apply through this application platform.
Why focussing on civic education
Civic education plays an important role in the development of an active civil society. It fosters the capacities of citizens, both youth and adults, to better understand societal and political circumstances, in order to engage actively in their society. Furthermore, digital tools play an increasing and essential role in our daily life. They create new ways of interaction in high speed, which also affects the field of civic education. Therefore, two of the fellowships concentrate on digital aspects of civic education.
Procedure & Structure
Selected participants from abroad complete an eight to twelve-week fellowship at one of the pre-selected organisations in Germany between May and December 2019. "CCP Focus" provides fellows with the opportunity to establish professional contacts and to familiarise themselves with the specificities of the host-organisations operational procedures, methods and tools in the field of civic education. In addition, "CCP Focus" is closely linked to the other CCP modules so that a professional exchange among fellows from different countries and regions is possible. Fellowship holders are invited to share experiences with their professional networks in their home country in order to promote the building and maintenance of intercultural and cross-national networks.
The period suggested by the respective host organisation as well as other requirements (field of expertise, language skills, etc.) are specified in the description for each fellowship placement. Please read carefully and check if you are matching the requirements before considering an application.
Terms and Conditions for "CCP Focus"
- Aged between 23 and 45 years at the time of application.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Work experience or voluntary engagement in a civil society organisation with a focus on civic education.
- Physical constitution for a long-term stay abroad.
- Eligible candidates ought to possess the nationality of one of the programme countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan.
Currently enrolled university students cannot be considered for participation!
Benefits offered for fellowship holders:
Responsibilities of the fellowship holders:
- General support in the preparation of the professional fellowship
- Monthly grant of 550 Euro
- Accommodation in Germany (single or shared apartment)
- Travel health insurance coverage
- Assumption of travel expenses and visa fees
- Supporting programme
- Communication and consultation with the programme team as well as the respective host organisation
- Submission of a final report
- Participation, as appropriate, in accompanying events (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Securing leave of absence from the employer
- Preparation for the application for a short stay visa (Schengen visa)
- Assessment of potential risks and impacts on their own work and that of others in the country of residence (due to the participation in the programme)
In case you have further questions about "CCP Focus", please see our specific frequently asked questions (FAQ)
. In case you cannot find a satisfying answer there, please contact email@example.com
We strongly recommend checking the fellowship offers carefully: Please note that you have to meet both
the basic eligibility requirements of CCP (see above) and the requirements of the fellowship vacancies advertised.
Ideally, you should apply only for the offer which suits your professional experiences and competencies most. In case you already applied for our CCP module "Islamic World" (November/December 2018) you are eligible to apply again, duly filling out the forms.
The application for "CCP Focus" must be submitted online via this application portal
. We strongly recommend applying via computer: Applications via smartphone or tablet which contain no attachments cannot be considered.
Please prepare the following compulsory documents before
starting the application process:
The blank forms for the letter of motivation and the letter of recommendation can be found online on the CCP website:
or the ifa homepage
Please make sure to have all documents ready beforehand, since the application portal does not allow to save incomplete applications and/or resume at a later time. Please note that only complete applications including the documents mentioned above will be considered. Supporting documents (copies of diplomas, proof of experience etc.) might be requested at a later stage of the selection procedure.
The deadline for submission of applications is 28 February 2019.
The selection of suitable candidates will be accomplished by ifa in consultation with the respective host organisations. Pre-selected candidates will be invited for an interview via Skype in March 2019. The results will be communicated until the end of March 2019. There is no recourse to legal action.
In order to apply for the CrossCulture Programme module "Focus" please choose one of the following fellowship offers: